December 28, 2010 – Marks the 14th Holy Union for our beloved denomination the Christian United Church under our local Church. This is one of the most emotional Holy Unions that I have ever encountered the couple and their friends are always crying as I gave the blessings and prayed for this couple. It was very intimate, enjoyable and relaxing given the very cold climate of Tagaytay City. We would like to thank and acknowledge Bro. Carl Serapion for the photos.
Bonding before the Holy Union at Tagaytay Cliff House and Divine Mercy Retreat House
Preparing before the Celebration
The Opening Rites
The Celebration of the Word
The Exchanging of the Rings
The Veil & Cord
The Consecration of the Bread and Wine
The Lord's Prayer
The Great Blessing of GLBT Saints
The Holy Communion
The Final Blessing & Declaration of Personal Vows
The Holy Kiss of Love
The Signing of the Holy Union Certificate
The Sigining of the Holy Union Church Registration Forms
The Sigining of Witnesses
Group Picture Taking
Posted in Holy Union
- Tagged 14, Ama Namin, birthday, blessing, certificate, cliff, cord, divine, divine mercy, glbt saints, group picture, holy communion, holy union, homily, house, mercy, naomi, preaching, registration, ring, ruth, saint, saints, same sex marriage, sermon, tagaytay, The Lord's Prayer, veil, witness, witnesses, word
ANNOUNCEMENT ON FACEBOOK
The Christian United Church welcomes Regen Luna, as a licensed Local Pastor and candidate for ordination as a Elder in Full Connection, after the completion of additional formation. He will be planting a community in the Philippines. Visit our website for additional information about the Christian United Church. The CUC is currently engaged in ministry in the United States and Poland. We are excited to bring a new inclusive Christian community to the Philippines.
ANNOUNCEMENT ON CHRISTIANUNITEDCHURCH.NING.COM
Regen Luna has been accepted as Candidate for Ordination and as a Licensed Local Pastor in the Christian United Church. Pastor Luna will continue to prepare for pastoral and theological studies to be received as Elder in Full Connection by the Annual Conference of the Christian United Church.
Regen is from Dasmarimas, Philippines. He completed a Bachelor’s in History from DeLaSalle University In 2001 and has studied Theology at various graduate institutions. He has served as Associate Pastor, MCC Manila 2000-2001 and as Interim Pastoral Leader of MCC Philippines from 2005- 2008.
Pastor Regen will be developing a congregation in Dasmarinas named Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd Christian United Church. This will be the first church for the newly emerging Christian United Church with congregations currently in Poland and the United States.
Bishop David Strong, Bishop of the denomination, said “We welcome Pastor Regen into the connectional covenant community of the Christian United Church. He shares in the charism of the CUC to provide a ministry of inclusion which invites members of the LGBT community and our straight allies to become Disciples of Christ through communion and community”.
The Christian United Church is a denomination with a Methodist polity that is inclusive and centered on the spiritual practice of weekly Holy Communion and the means of grace and mercy in our daily life. For more information visit www. christianunitedchurch.net
Posted in Welcome
- Tagged christian, church, cuc, denomination, elder, holy communion, inclusive, luna, methodist, ordination, pastor, philippines, poland, polity, regen, spiritual, united, united states
King David once wrote in Psalms 23 “The Lord is my shepherd”. Our Lord Jesus Christ declared in John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd”. This is the name of our Chapel. It speaks about the goodness of our Lord. His unconditional love and His passion to take care of us just like a Shepherd who takes care of his flock. God will take care of YOU. Jesus will take care of YOU. The Holy Spirit will take care of YOU.
Welcome to our Chapel. Welcome to our church, the Church of God – CUC. Welcome to our denomination, the Christian United Church. Whoever you are, whatever you do, if you are looking for a church-home that will really take care of you then we invite you to come and join us. We are an inclusive, welcoming and affirming community. We propagate the message of Christ without discrimination on your race, religion, social status in life, education and gender.
We welcome everyone straights, gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders to be one with us in worship, in the holy communion, in prayer, in Bible studies, in service to God and to his people. Welcome to the Chapel of JESUS CHRIST the Good Shepherd Church of God – CUC.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- Worship Service with Holy Communion – Sundays @ 5:00 pm
- Bible Study and Fellowship – Fridays @ 7:00 pm
- Praise & Prayer Meeting – Wednesdays @ 7:00 pm
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Seminars – by schedule
- Homosexuality & Spirituality Seminar – by schedule
- Annual Retreat – by schedule
Posted in Welcome
- Tagged AIDS, bible study, bisexual, bisexual christian, bisexual union, cavite, chapel, chapel of the good shepherd, christian united church, church of god, civil union, cuc, dasmarinas, gay, gay christian, gay union, good shepherd, HIV, holy communion, holy union, homosexuality, lesbian, lesbian christian, lesbian union, pastor, philippines, retreat, same sex, same sex holy union, same sex marriage in cavite, same sex marriage in dasmarinas, same sex marriage in manila, same sex marriage in the philippines, same sex marrige, same sex union, seminar, transgender, transgender christian, transgender union, worship