Last night I made an account on Planet Romeo so that we could reach the gay, bisexual and transgender community in our town. The reason why we did it because almost all of the young people who are members of our community goes to this website to look for friends and to form possible relationships. This is the photo of our account on Planet Romeo.
Since yesterday from this time we had 101 visitors and still counting. I had the chance to chat with good people who are interested with our church and the ministries that we are doing for the LGBT community. These are some examples of people whom I had the chance to talk to:
This is one of the examples that people are trying to reach out to us because they need someone to talk to about these things. He told us that he has many problems and wants to talk to us personally. This is one of the reasons why we created our account so that people who had no one to turn to will have someone who will listen to them. And I believe that this is the reason why our ministry is existing. Here is another example:
This guy sent us a message that the headline on our planet romeo account gives him HOPE. Our headline reads “Homosexuality is not a sin and not a sickness and God loves you without any conditions and he created you just the way you are 🙂 ” This simple headline gave this guy HOPE. This is the reason why we created this account to give HOPE. Not just to give hope but to tell them that there is hope, that this hope is a reality, that this hope is true, that this hope is tangible, that this hope is within their reach.
But off course we cannot satisfy everyone. Even the GLBT community here in the Philippines have their own ideas, philosophies, theologies and especially religion. So this morning as I was checking my email and editing our websites a message from a user of planet romeo got my attention. Here is his account:
His name is Peterej and according to his account he is a Christian. But he doesn’t have a profile picture so it means to say he doesn’t want to be known. And when he was online he was looking for sex. He was not looking for friends or to chat but he was looking for sex. He sent me a message and this was his first message:
Translation: “FALSE prophet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….who are you to bypass the BIBLE. If you want to commit sin then do not involve others…”
This was his first reaction to our account. So in response I told him “God bless you” and here was his comment:
Translation: “Don’t use the church for your malicious behavior…”
Translation: “review your BIBLE! where did your bible came from?”
No need to translate 🙂 And so I answered his issues. And this was my answer to him.
Translation: “Brother before you judge others see to it that you are a very clean person, look in the mirror, before you preach to others better preach to yourself, I believe that you are the one who should review your bible and your theology, For your Information not all the users here at planet romeo are malicious person like you, you are here because you are looking for sex, did you ever do something good for the community? instead just to spread your inflamed lust, don’t be a hypocrite…”
My Biblical Basis:
- Romans 2:1 “No matter who you are, if you judge anyone, you have no excuse. When you judge another person, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things…”
- Romans 2:3 “When you judge people for doing these things but then do them yourself, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?…”
- Romans 2:21-22 “As you teach others, are you failing to teach yourself? As you preach against stealing, are you stealing? As you tell others not to commit adultery, are you committing adultery? As you treat idols with disgust, are you robbing temples?…”
- James 4:12 “There is only one teacher and judge. He is able to save or destroy you. So who are you to judge your neighbor?…”
- Galacia 5:19 “At hayag ang mga gawa ng laman, sa makatuwid ay ang mga ito: pakikiapid, karumihan, kalibugan…”
- Luke 6:42 “How can you say to your brother, ‘Please, brother, let me take that speck out of your eye,’ yet cannot even see the log in your own eye? You hypocrite! First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye…”
This was my final answer to him:
Even our Lord Jesus Christ was judged as a false prophet by his religious enemies during the first centuries of Christianity, because he was against dogmatic, ignorant, theologies and doctrines.