SAME SEX HOLY UNION
SS. SERGIUS & BACCHUS 7TH CENTURY ICON
WHAT IS A HOLY UNION?
- A Holy Union is the spiritual joining of two persons of the same sex.
- It is a Christian Celebration of Love.
- It is a Covenant in where public vows and promises are made.
- We take this ceremony seriously, this vows are made before God.
HOLY UNION IS NOT…
- A government involved ceremony, it is a service, ministry and ceremony of our Church.
- A magic or a quick fix for a broken or strained relationship. If your relationship is in trouble, it is not appropriate to have a Holy Union.
IS THE HOLY UNION LEGAL IN THE PHILIPPINES?
- There are no existing laws about same sex marriage or holy union in the Philippines, It is neither illegal nor legal.
- Here is the Philippines we are enjoying FREEDOM OF RELIGION, and because Christianity is our religion and the Church of God – CUC is our church, we are given by our constitution to practice our religion and it includes Holy Unions.
- For example, there are laws here in the Philippines about bigamy, polygamy and adultery but our Muslim Brothers are allowed by their religion Islam to marry more than one wife. But they are not persecuted by our laws because of FREEDOM OF RELIGION.
- If you are planning to have a Holy Union at our church, you will have to fill up legal documents that are accepted to all countries that have same sex marriage laws, like some states of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands and some European countries.
THE 1987 CONSTITUTION OF THE PHILIPPINES ARTICLE III SECTION 5
Section 5. “No law shall be made respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed. No religious test shall be required for the exercise of civil or political rights”
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Accomplished Holy Union Registration from our church.
- 2 X 2 Picture with white background
- Photo copy of birth certificate, residential certificate, 2 valid ID’s, barangay clearance and new NBI clearance or police clearance
- Photo copy of passport (If you are a foreigner or an OFW)
CRITERIA FOR HOLY UNION
- At least 8 to 12 months relationship.
- Schedule personal interview with our Pastor
- Partners will undergo a Pre-holy union counseling if your relationship is less than 12 months.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE A HOLY UNION
- Complete all the requirements needed for the Holy Union
- Bring all the requirements to our office or you can email all the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring all the requirements to the wedding place.
- Schedule an interview with our Pastor for the wedding date, place etc.
CONTACT OUR LOCAL PASTOR
- Ptr. Regen R. Luna
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: (+63) 929.588.05.88
- Office: JESUS CHRIST the Good Shepherd Church of God – CUC; Block P Extension, Brgy. San Simon DBBC Cavite Philippines 4115